Pages

Friday, March 22, 2024

A Cat Tale ~ Finally!!

My home is a comfortable one. Until the human that feeds me decides to upset everything, Cleaning she calls it, muttering about my cat hair. The little carpets that really are mine, get tossed outdoors, but I’m not allowed to follow. All my toys were hidden. And that wasn’t all. Just when I thought she was done with all her carrying on, she made delicious smelling food. I was drooling, sure I’d get some good scraps. But no. She took my blanket off of my bed where we sat together! Someone banged on our door and horror of horror’s two tiny humans came in! And two more big ones! That set my ears and tail twitching and sent me diving under a chair where I could watch them. On any ordinary day, I’d sleep all evening until she stopped the noisy flashing pictures to feed me. So I did not get any sleep at all. Well, I was awake at night to prowl and play. But today, I have been exhausted. A blanket back in place for me. No little humans to try to pet me, be nice to me, talk to me in a language that makes no sense at all. The littlest one just would not leave me alone unless I hid under the bed but I had come out to watch them. I just never know where they will be or what they will do. 


“A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings for 

one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not.”

~ Ernest Hemingway

No comments: