Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2024

Life Each Day

Things you want to get right before it’s too late”……..a line from the book Tuesday’s with Morrie by Mitch Albom. I was perusing this little book to jog my mind tonight. Settled into the quiet of the evening, I wondered what things I want to get right. Nothing that is long past, because, as we all know, the past can't be changed, but as my life as it is today can be. I have found myself wandering into the realm of distant future seeing a slow decline of health ~ mental and physical. When I notice these worrying signs, the air is my sounding board. Aloud I say: ‘Today is the day I am in, I am healthy today, I can maintain my health today, I have only today.’ So when I read that line ‘things you want to get right’ it is my thoughts, my self-talk that I need to get right. I don’t discount the slip and slide of life’s currents and my reaction to them, but moving in balance, I can enjoy my family and friends and my life each day.


“You live and then you die, I thought. It’s good to have some good times.”

~ Natalie Goldberg, The Great Failure: 

A Bartender, A Monk and My Unlikely Path to Truth

No comments: