Pages

Monday, April 15, 2024

On an Afternoon Walk ~ A Guilty Pleasure

The wind whipped up every tiny dust mote, leaves, dirt and anything not tied down. So after I walked from bus to store to bus, I decided I deserved a Teen Burger. I have lots of treats that I like: chocolate, coffee, and anything I can graze on. But since I was first introduced to Teen Burgers in the late ’60’s, they have been my extra special and guilty pleasure. 


I’ve eaten lots of burgers from Texas to Kelowna to Victoria and anywhere in between but none have matched a Teen Burger. Today, I had a choice between an A&W and wait at the bus stop. I chose to get out of the wind, sit down and eat one of the delicious dripping bites I love. I even had coke in an A&W mug instead of a paper cup! Fresh and cold out of the fridge. Took me back many years. At home, I keep my garlic in an A&W large mug, a reminder of many days gone by.


“Food for the body is not enough. There must be food for the soul.”

~ Dorothy Day

No comments: