Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Call of the Garden


I’ve run out of steam
on this hot and sunshine-y day.

So many plans this morning
but the sun so very warm
and the garden......
It’s not wise to ignore the
call of the garden!

I planted a ‘crop’  
very late in the year,
just for the sheer joy of planting.
Potatoes, beans and some squash
A tomato plant - it’s about 4 feet tall!
And peppers  - a bell and a jalapeno.

I dug around them
tidied the soil at their feet
and watered them when shade came around.

Betwixt and between,
I came into the house
Laundry,
Snacking,
Reorganizing
Groceries
And lunches ready for the next few days.

There are a few loose ends to tie up
but with the windows and doors open
the fan on
tie them up, I will.


“The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, 
head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture
a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul.”
~ Alfred Austin


No comments: