Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Storyteller ~1

Who are you?  
Where are you?
Looking in a mirror, I see you ~ 
dressed for work, 
dressed for play, 
dressing up, or
putting make-up on ~
hair being arranged.

But who are you?  
A crooked back, 
epileptic, 
a nurse?

Where are you?  
In each memory and in each vision.
It grows difficult seeing you 
as you shift and change from either place.

And so I look around me.  
see the things you do. 
Too suddenly becoming the tasks 
but not the soul of the tasks.  
As the wind blows the willow trees 
releasing leaves in their gentle fall to the ground, 
so your soul is the breath that moves our task ~ 
filled with soul’s intention.

You become a vessel, a great facilitator to be honored in each moment.  
And so, to be honored, I offer you my great gratitude, 
thanking you for all that we have shared and done together.

I also commit, once again, that 
your care be foremost in my mind,
daily caring for you first,
for from your finger tips and heart, 
with feet planted firmly, we live.

“You are the storyteller of your own life, 
and you can create your own legend or not.”
~ Isabel Allende, 
Chilean-American Writer and Lecturer

No comments: