Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Alone in the Kitchen


The New Year started with a lovely sunny morning.
Alone in the kitchen and preparing to bake bread,
Mom and Grandma Garratt dropped in.

Grandma brought broom and dustpan, sweeping up flour and crumbs that dropped as I baked
Mom brought the bread pans and measuring cups for the well kneaded bread dough I prepared.

While I worked,
I was certain I heard them 
as they chatted and had coffee ~
making sure I washed up when I was done.

It has been many years since their earthly forms were with us,
comforting to see and hear them when I pick up a 
broom and dustpan
dented bread pan and measuring cups.

I was alone in the kitchen this morning
with comforting, wholesome memories.

“Memory is the treasury and guardian of all things.”
~ Marcus Tulius Cicero

No comments: