Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Letter to Doc

Dear Doc,

How are you? It’s been quite some time since you’ve heard from me, however I assure you that I have not forgotten either you or your small team. The three of you have been so patient with me as I put your story aside while I have developed other pieces of writing. When did I start your story? It would have been about 2006 or 2007. Many things that I have written have been about recovery from active addiction, but I have never mentioned the Medical Mobile Detox Service. There are so many stories I have written about what you encounter on the team’s travels, with you as the center, to the communities on your route out of the city. 

Any changes in your funding or routes, or other details of this Mobile Detox service have not yet been divulged to me. When I am back to writing about it again, I’m sure that ‘more will be revealed’. (I couldn’t resist a little quote from Bill W. which I know you enjoy.) I do hope that I can locate all the stories in my binders by my desk. I may not remember the actual words, but I do remember the wonderful characters that have peopled your world.

One writing project I have taken on is a blog.You know, similar to the one that you, Rod and Becky do for the M.M.D.S. higher ups. My blog is much less detailed and requires fewer clinical words. As I write this letter to you, it has occurred to me that the vignettes you are part of could be blog topics once a month for this timid author. My plan is possibly to use one of those stories as my blog post at the end of each month. What do you think?

I hope that this letter finds all of you well and that you have been safe in your travels.  
Hi to Rod and Becky.

Take good care all of you,
Susan

“The story I am writing exists, written in absolutely perfect fashion,
someplace, in the air.  All I must do is find it, and copy it.”
~ Jules Renard, “Diary”, February 1895

No comments: