Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Smile at a Stranger

A friend today, early this morning, suggested smiling at a stranger would be good.

The stranger I smile at each morning in the mirror seemed a real likelihood.

I wonder who is she, this stranger? I’m sure I've seen her before.

Her eyes look familiar. I do know that smile.
But what has her life been, and more?

She showed me some pictures from childhood,
so I saw her from baby days on.

Photos that show all the aging through life ~
but between each photo what went on?

So when any of us look in the mirror,
we should smile at the stranger within.

That stranger carries our memories,
so be kind to her or to him.

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles.  
It might be the only sunshine he sees all day”.
~ Quoted in P.S.I Love You, 
     compiled by H.Jackson Brown , Jr.

No comments: