Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

What if? ~ 1


I’ve worked steadily for what I have....
I was going to say ‘what little I have’ until I look around me and see that I have so very much more than so many

But....what if by some financial misfortune I have to give all or some of it up?
to move 
somewhere or
to something
not of my choosing.

What if.......

Staying in ‘what if’
using images of other’s pasts
stretches me from
future to past
in a second with 
not a thought of right now.

That’s the worst case scenario.

Now what is the best?

What if......
with creativity and care for family, friends and myself
life proceeds in a relatively, if not good, orderly direction
with ordinary bumps, pot holes and smooth places in the path ahead?

Does that mean 
living and staying in the present moment
with only an eye to choices and goals for the future
using memories of the past only as lessons 
is possible?

Does that mean
creating a scary, frightening scenario 
~ that scenario of aging very ungracefully ~
is not necessary?

Sounds easy ~ now if it weren’t for those darned emotions!

“We really teach ourselves.  If you want to learn,
you will always find someone to learn from, 
be they dead or alive, great or unknown.  You learn 
from everything you see and hear around you 
if you are willing to pay attention.
~ Alexander Volkov

No comments: