Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Meeting of Minds ~ 1


Five adults around a boardroom table.
Sharing cookies, tea and information.
Details of life with epilepsy.
Opening up to each other with questions and ideas.
New diagnosis or long lived experience.
One dog lay snoozing beneath the table and close to his owner.
Service dogs for those with epilepsy one topic of conversation.
Desire to be free of stigma another topic.
Medication, surgery, triggers, life style and self awareness still others.
Normal folks with different forms of an invisible neurological abnormality.
What feelings came away with me at meetings end?
Sadness that my family, including my young sons, had to witness my seizures.
Gratitude that my form of epilepy was finally easily managed.

“Feelings are much like waves, we can’t stop them
from coming but we can choose which one to surf.”
~ Jonatan MÃ¥rtensson

No comments: