Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Time to Heal!


What was of value to me today?
My blankie! my computer!  
But what was it really?
Was there anything?
Food in the fridge ~ but there was no steak!  Oooooh too bad!!

Time stretched out in front of me.
Time, with no energy to fill it with busyness, conversation or even silliness.
Time ~ unscheduled time! ~ to rest, to heal.
Healing does take time ~ fortunately only a few days more are needed.

Inspiration seems to pale when energy of mind, body and spirit are low.
Colour and softness; tea and hot chocolate with marshmallows fills the gaps,
in this unscheduled ‘lay off’ dictated by an invisible and uninvited virus.

What else was of value to me?
My good fortune for 
warm home and food, friends and family,
general good heatlh, 
and for the time that is needed to be well....

“If you don’t take care of this the most magnificent machine
that you will ever be given....where are you going to live?’
~ Karen Calabrese


No comments: