Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

What's in A Name? ~ 1


Hi! 
Let me introduce myself. 
My name is Epilepsy
I live around the corner
down the street
across the city
throughout the province and the nation
with cousins around the planet!

Oh ~ no that’s wrong.
Epilepsy is not my name.
My name is Susan Marlene
this is what I learned about my name:

From Writer’s Group March  7, 2014

‘Two given names which each sound rather bland, have history from Hebrew times. Susan, from Middle Egyptian means Lotus flower. It’s meaning continues with the definition ‘cheery, joyful and bright!’ (The ‘bright’ part has been excluded for today.)

Marlene, reminiscent of Marlene Dietrich, in my mind has always been smoky and bluesy. But not to be. Marlene, purports to be a combination name ~ ‘Mar’ from Mary or Maria; ‘lene’ from Magdalene. Marlene is also said to mean ‘star of the sea’ and in Hebrew ‘high tower’. My reference from www.sheknows.com also says that individuals with the name Marlene enjoy change, adventure and excitement. (Marlenes can also be untidy.)’

So all in all, my names are not at all bland!
Exotic, interesting and really quite grand.

Epilepsy is merely a diagnosis.
My name is Susan ~ what's yours?

No comments: