Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

In Memory of Coetta Macdonald, Nurse Practitioner

Sept 30, 1954 - April 17, 2014
My intention changed rapidly from wondering to ‘Let’s get it done.’

Coetta Macdonald was that kind of nurse and forever student, that kind of friend, and that kind of person in all of her challenges through life. Although she and I seldom connected after my move back to Canada in 1999, when we did, the bond was unchanged with this friend and colleague. At work, all staff were confidant when Coetta was on duty. Outside of work, she could be counted on to lend her support and wisdom.

And right now she’d be saying - ‘Enough already. And that’s a lousy picture of me.’

“So long as the memory of certain beloved friends
lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good.”

~ Helen Keller

2 comments:

Janet said...

Kind thoughts for a friend, and a beautiful quote.

Susan Ward said...

Thank you Jan. Coetta was a force to be reckoned with. :)