Pages

Friday, June 27, 2014

Early Morning Trickster

Opportunity for the gremlin of self doubt rose in wee hours of the still darkened morn, when clouds rolled in and early summer rain drenched dry earth.

That trickster perched on my bedpost, catching my dreams as I awoke, hatching plans to trip through my day but I foiled that old gremlin once more!

With hot coffee, warm housecoat and an unfolding mystery, I began to ignore that self doubt. A hot soapy shower washed most of the dreamy gremlin right down the drain but still I felt a bit off focus so stretching and bending with yoga loosened any clingy strands left behind. My morning walk in the park under grand dripping old trees cleared off the gremlins remaining foggy wisps.

The wispy presence of the gremlin of self doubt offered me the opportunity to open my day on my own terms! (And then I got in my car and went to a productive workday!)

“In the morning I woke like a sloth in the fog.”
Leslie Connor, Waiting for Normal

Check out this TEDx Talk on Self-Doubt

No comments: