Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Continued Vacation Enjoyment

An active, enjoyable day
beginning with coffee at my hostess Donna's home in Regina
and a really good visit - just too short.
then off to a brunch with colleagues
from the Regina General Hospital School of Nursing
Two hundred and eighty four nurses in attendance from class of 1949 to the class of 1972 ~
recovery of old bonds of friendship and the early days of nursing.
Then off to Fort Qu’Appelle to my sisters home
with a drive past the fence decorated 
with crocheted flowers and a dragon fly (photo to come tomorrow)
A trip to the final hour of Treaty 4 Pow Wow
the children in jingle bells, sparkling beads, colourful ribbons and leather,
dancing to drums and singing
Then to my sister Kate’s home with Indian tacos for supper.
Now watching the movie Babe as I write this and my sister knits.

Enjoyment is always greatest when you 
have enough contrast to measure it by.”
~ M. Wylie Blanchet,  The Curve of Time

No comments: