Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Hugging for Comfort's Sake

I read a line today from one of my daily reading books - it said: “What do I want when I want comfort?” A cup of tea came to my mind first, and I will often make a cup of tea or some other warm drink when I want comfort. Quite an incomplete answer to that question. So I thought a bit more. There is something I cannot give to myself in any satisfactory way - a warm and caring hug. A hug that says - ‘your feelings are yours, but here’s some of my warmth to soften the sharp edges.’ 

I have many pictures of family, friends, children and even pets sharing hugs - whether full on wrap around hugs or side hugs. They are all so beautiful and full of smiles and tenderness. There is not room on this page to put all of the hugs that I have found, so look into your own pictures and photos to see the hugs that are and have been there for you and yours. Remember the feeling of the best hug ever ~ I can think of several. 

When we wrap our arms around each other in the spirit of friendship and caring, to give joyful congratulations for some new event or birthing in our lives or a hug in greeting ~ deep soul cleansing brings comfort softly, beautifully and with joy.

“[E]very day you should reach out and touch someone. 
People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.”
~ Maya Angelou

No comments: