Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Games of Chance

Imagining excitement as a ‘golden snitch’.
You know. From Harry Potter?
Flitting, dipping and dodging
Harry always trying to snitch  the ‘snitch’ out of the air ~
claim that little golden bit of excitement

And yet…..for me excitement is pretty scary
Fun scary….but scary
‘What if’s’ are flitting, dipping and dodging
all around until my head is spinning
just wanting to grab one, and then another….another
to make the whole game of searching for just the right answer end.

The biggest what if?
What if I make the wrong decision,
on the wrong day,
at the wrong time,
for the wrong reasons????

And so the game goes until I remember that
belief in my own wisdom is the real 'golden snitch'

“Do not bother yourself with what if’s”
~ Jocelyn Murray, Corfe Castle




No comments: