Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The Right to Vote

“On this date in 1919, the Texas Legislature ratified the Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, guaranteeing women the right to vote.” June 28, 2010 By Hillary Sorin 

In October 2015, I cast my vote in the Canadian federal election. In Canada women got the federal vote in three stages from 1917 through 1919.

A dual citizen, I again was privileged to cast my vote in a federal election. Today I participated in the U.S. Global Presidential Primary. While I have no expectation that my one vote will sway the results in any specific direction, I am definitely confident in my right to vote.

“Human rights are women’s rights, and women’s rights 
are human rights. Let us not forget that among those rights 
are the right to speak freely - and the right to be heard.”
~ Hillary Rodham Clinton

No comments: