Pages

Monday, August 8, 2016

Delicious Creations

Jennifer's Jiffies
I try to have interesting food in my fridge and cupboards ~ herbs and spices, fresh vegetables and a variety of meats. Partly because I like to cook and partly because I like to have lots of meals in the freezer so I don’t have to cook everyday.

While in Vancouver this past weekend, we went to the Farmer’s Market at Trout Lake where I purchased several pre-mixed foods. Jennifer’s Jiffies are four of the ones I purchased~ quinoa salad, triple chocolate brownies, minestrone and curried rice pilaf. Tonight I cooked the quinoa salad, which can be served cold or hot.  I’ll be having it both ways. I’ve reserved some of the salad for tomorrow’s lunch with greens from my garden.

While writing this tonight I wondered about why I was so drawn to these. I don’t buy boxes of premade foods from the inner isles of grocery stores with all their preservatives. Initally it was just the presentation of these bright and colorful cones that attracted me. Then I looked at the tags and the list of different packages that Jennifer had created. They made me hungry!

I really respect the talents of others to create with food, their hard work and willingness to present their creations to the world. Any of us that purchased these particular creations, benefit with each taste. Tomorrow night it will be the curry pilaf with chicken thighs.

“The person born with a talent they are meant to use 
will find their greatest happiness in using it.”
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Jennifer's Jiffies at Facebook.com/jennifersjiffies
Nine different soup mixes 
Three differently flavoured rice pilafs
Two chili mixes - one mild and one spicy
Three different salad mixes (coucous, quinoa and bulgar)
Three different baking mixes (brownies, cookies and muffins)
Two different cracker mixes (should have purchased one of those) 

No comments: