Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Time and Tides

At Spanish Banks today
Low tide stretched the beach far and wide
Sand rippled currents pulled from the shore
People strayed far, mere coloured dots past broad sand banks
Children and dogs ran and played in this gigantic oceanic pool
Sun warmed shallows and soft sand welcomed bare feet.
Tides recede and tides roll in again
Gently or with wild curling surf
Today was gentle and warm,
cool breezes and slight cloud drift.
My sons, my grandson and I waded far with the dogs.
Time and tide had returned us to this day.





Today reminded me to respect the tides of our lives.
With attention and care, return to those we love is possible.



“ I think life’s a bit of what you make of it and a little smidgen of 
you being the jellyfish, and the tide’s just gently helping you along.”
~ Andrew Buchan

No comments: