Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Details, Details


This story developed from a random sentence from writingexercises.co.uk“Well? What happened? I want all the details!”

Details, Details

“Well? What happened? I want all the details!”

“We went out to dinner at that new Greek restaurant. We shared tzatziki and pita. So delicious. The waiter said it would be very 'cool and refreshing'. For dinner, I had Spanakopita and a huge Greek salad. Jordan had Greek-Spiced Dry ribs……”

Jasmin sighed “Oh, come on, not those details!  You know ~ the ‘after dinner’ details.”

It was her first date with the high school hunk, and Meredith was really playing out ‘the details.’ She wasn’t going to spill everything, at least right away. She wanted to have a little fun first. Jasmin never had a problem getting a guy. But not with Jordan. No matter how much she flirted with him. Flipping her hair, batting her eyelashes, looking at him with big dewy eyes.

“OK. I’ll tell you. But you have to promise not to tell anyone else. We went for a walk after dinner. I mean, Jordan’s really nice. And so-o-o-o cute!! But really, really into himself. I’m mean I was so bored after the tenth time he told me about some award he won for...I don’t even remember what now! And then it was how his dad - his really rich dad - just gave him all the money for our supper and he didn't have to do anything to get it.”

“OMG! Really. And to think I was going to try and get him away from you. I’m so glad you told me.”

“What? You were going to do what?” Meredith stopped short in the middle of the sidewalk, just about being knocked over by a kid on a skateboard. “Jasmin, what did you just say!?”

“Well, you were having fun with me - so I thought I’d have fun with you. Actually, I never really thought he would be as great as he looked. Did you know there’s a sale on really cool jeans at The Bay? Want to check them out? They’ve got awesome designs on the back pockets.”

“Another teen friendship, another tiny mysterious universe.”
~ Austin Grossman, You

No comments: