Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2017

True Story ~ 1

May, 2015 - didn't have my camera with me today.
Actually a true story with a question - Who has more fun? 

My granddogs, Eva and Percy, racing through the trails around Thetis Lake, sniffing every bit of mud, moss, other dogs, puddles, logs stopping long enough to slurp the cold lake water before racing on not waiting for us just stopping long enough to look back before turning and racing off again?

Or my sons, Jeff and Jason, watching and cheering on their dogs, picking up after their dogs, breathing deeply of the clean clear air, enjoying a favourite outdoor locale, and stopping now and then to wait for mom (that’s me)?

Or me, Susan, watching them all and absolutely loving every minute, even times when the hills were too steep for this flatlander to keep pace, pausing to just breathe, stepping carefully down slippery rocks supported by trees and taking in the whole picture of my family?

“The Wilderness holds answers to more 
questions than we have yet learned to ask.”
~ Nancy Wynne Newhall

No comments: