Pages

Friday, October 6, 2017

Into the Mist

Unique ideas arise from the mist on the path leading me forward. 
Joyful ideas of depth and meaning calling for compassion
challenged by ghosts, apparitions and goblins, 
waving mirages in foggy glare or greying shadows
where do I step
what do I watch
what focus do I need to pass
     creeping shadows
       yawning faces that scream out 
 mournful moans that dig soul-deep
instinct and intuition fling my arms wide 
to reach out to hand holds of family and friends
safe guides past gloom and doom
steadying steps while I peer curiously into shadows
shielding my eyes from foggy glare
guiding me over slippery rocks
into the fun-light of days full of depth, meaning and joy.

“Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?”
~ Garth Nix, Sabriel

No comments: