Pages

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

The Race

The Race

Frivolity should never, ever take the place of focus, honey.”

“I know mom, but I’m getting so tired of focussing. I’m bored! Mom, can’t I do something else?”

“Like what, sweetie?  I suppose you could go jogging. It’s a pretty nice day outside. That would help you work out, but have a bit of fun too. What do you say? I’ve got an extra water bottle for you. Come on.  It’ll be fun? We’ll stop at Joe’s Waffle Wraps for ice cream after we’re done!”

“Wow! Mom, that almost sounds frivolous. Who’s buying?”

“Let’s race for it - the last lap.  Loser pays! And gets to pick the flavour.”

“Ok. I’m on! Let’s do it!”

“There is never a time when new distraction will not show up; 
we sow them, so several will grow from the same seed.”
~ Seneca

No comments: