Pages

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Grandma's Advice

It was a saying certain my grandma shared
from a shy needle point panel hung on the wall
that always clears any cluttered space
creates wee openings through bricks of time
spaces flow rather than jigs, jogs and jags 'til
standing still slowly 
turning my gaze to side-front-side
moving forward with calmed wisdom 
for beneath the surface of any life 
fabric tears and frays
showing only a shining facade
fading and thinning slowly from above 
leaving tiny gaps prey to the sharp edges of
technology that has reshaped this world
leaving emotions unchanged yet
in a world running so much faster and more frantic
with rapidly quick solutions for tangled problems
and therein lies the value of my Grandma’s advice.

“The Hurrier I go the Behinder I get.”
Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

No comments: