Pages

Monday, June 4, 2018

Re-Imagination

‘ “Innovation is the key to developing any idea in a way that has not been recognized before. And as development proceeds, nuances to changes that must be made will be discovered as any project moves forward.” Those were the words from the keynote speaker at the podium…….’

These were the opening lines of an amazing story that I was going to write for tonight’s blog. I had a couple of characters, a kind of plot…..but the story itself fell flat on it’s face this morning. So I answered the phone. Good thing! It was a scheduled appointment for this morning cancelling out my usual Monday walk with friends. So tonight I listened to a couple of Ted Talks - now there’s innovation! All kinds of interesting things discovered because someone had an idea and pursued it, despite the nay sayers and lack of funding. But I’ll not bore you with all of that. 

There is so much in the world now about recycling as many of our throw aways as possible. Did you see that gigantic brilliant elephant that is made from flip flops in Kenya. If you haven’t the website is makezine.com . Anyway, my Photos were still open from my morning travels through technology - another of the innovations of the world - and I came upon these two photos. Definitely an innovative way to recycle brass musical instruments. When I saw this sculpture on Oak Bay Avenue, I could hear in the distance of my mind Louis Armstrong, The Music Man and every bit of jazz I've ever heard all cobbled together on the street corner of Oak Bay Avenue. I do love innovations.

“Keep in mind that imagination is at the heart of all innovation. 
Crush or constrain it and the fun will vanish.”
~ Albert-László Barabási, 
Bursts: The Hidden Pattern Behind Everything We Do

No comments: