Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Renewal ~ 3

Ten Tiny Changes 
don’t seem like much
yet my passion for writing 
seems covered in dust!

Ideas, opinions
float about in the air
but no meaning to them
if I just leave them there!

So what do I do
to renew that old flame?
Make ten tiny changes
again and again?

How boring is that?
Going over again 
ground already stirred
but has settled again.

If I’ve learned nothing else
in these seventy years,
it’s that ten tiny changes
will prick up my ears.

Open my eyes, open my heart!
Those ten tiny changes 
will keep me afloat whilst 
ideas, opinions come back into range.

“I shut my eyes in order to see.”
~ Paul Gauguin

Ten Tiny Changes
a recommendation from Week Two of Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron to recover identity and renew self-care. For me, self care involves writing, personal care and attention to my home.

No comments: