Pages

Friday, September 21, 2018

Baby Talk

When I see any baby I smile.
No matter the mood I am in.
Happy or sad, full of energy or tired
My smile muscles work all by themselves

When I look into the eyes of a baby
My heart softens with joy
At the curiousity, trust and unknowing
That shines out from eyes blue or brown

When I hold the tiny, soft hand and feet of a baby
My touch becomes gentle and full of kindness
at this wondrous new softness 
that is exploring a world full of hard edges.

When I hear the laughter ~ or crying ~ of a baby
My heart bursts wide with exquisite love
wanting to share laughter or soften the hurt 
giving a tiny corner of myself to one tiny life

When I see any baby, I smile.
No matter the mood I am in
Happy or sad, full of energy or tired
I know our world will grow ever more beautiful.

“Every child begins the world again.”
~ Henry David Thoreau

Photo unavailable on blog site.

No comments: