Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2018

A Winter Peace


I look up to the bare winter branches to see peace in the gray-white winter sky. Rain 
hesitates to fall yet lets go spare drops to dot blue-gray pavement and gray sidewalks.

I look up to the bare winter branches to see peace in the gray winter sky. Cold air hovers quietly. Only a breath away from wind while rose-colouring my cheeks.

I look up to the bare winter branches
to see peace in the gray winter sky.
Even crows sit silently on fence posts 
and high wires in sleek black tuxedos.

I look up to the bare winter branches
To see peace in the gray winter sky.
Soft mounds of faded leaves spread 
and build against broad, gnarled tree roots.

“I pray this winter be gentle and kind ~ 
 a season of rest from the wheel of the mind.”
~ John Geddes,  A Familiar Rain

No comments: