Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2019

'Has Beens' and 'Whats Are'

Rose Garden in Beacon Hill Park with deer fencing


Where do I start?
There is so much to do ~
I’m not sure I can tell
which one comes first?

Oh, not the housework ~
for that I’ve got a plan.
Do I always follow it?
Not necessarily ~ but

I call my disorganized clutter 
‘setting up visual cues’ ~
like readying the ironing board and iron
beside a small pile of laundry.

Where do I start?
1. The written word
2. Personal peering into my life with guides and anchors
3. Awareness of ‘has beens’ and ‘whats are’.

When will it be finished?
Like everything else in my life
it will be finished when
all steps and missteps zip past.

So I’m setting up visual cues ~
disorganized clutter appears with
puzzle pieces and paper turned and tossed 
on table, chairs and counters.

Where do I start?
There are so many pieces!
Begin with ‘what’s are’ and ‘what’s known’
to see this solitary race as beautiful!

“I make a project and I panic. Which is good, it can be a method. First, panic. 
Second, conquer panic by working. Third, find ways to solve your doubts.”
~ Eduardo Souto de Moura

No comments: