Pages

Friday, July 19, 2019

A Great Grandmother's Belief


Greater commitment to life and living cannot be found than when we welcome a new and very precious child into this world that seems only full of turmoil.

A precious new soul softens all the rough edges, only asking to be loved and cared for unconditionally
~ letting us know, 
in very plain new baby language,
when we go our driven adult ways, that we are needed and wanted. This commitment to life, a tiny precious life, depends on us ~ for love, for caring and for connection to this new world.



I say ‘us’, because the time worn statement that it ‘takes a community' to raise a child is true. My dear young parents need their communities and 
their families, to support them unconditionally in their new journey ~ this grandest of all experiments.


“I’ll love you forever, 
I’ll like you for always, 
As long as I’m living 
my baby you’ll be.”
~ Robert Munsch,
 Excerpt from Love You Forever

No comments: