Pages

Friday, December 13, 2019

Piano Jazz at Christmas

Christmas music. I’ll admit it. I love most Christmas music. My preferred is smooth piano jazz. Mellow and lovely whether it’s Jingle Bells or White Christmas. I can hear the clip clop of the horse in Jingle Bells. White Christmas shares calmness with visions of a silent snow fall. Even the soaring Hallelujah course almost pales. That magnificent music is reserved for special and more sacred times and venues. But for background music at home, there is none that beats smooth piano jazz. James Taylor or an unknown pianist on YouTube. Both have satisfied my soul, giving me much peace and joy. In a busy family, I’m afraid any music of such delicacy would be lost in the activities of this beautiful holiday season. Baking cookies with the kids or wrapping presents with a fun snowman wrapping paper. Putting up a Christmas tree or decorating with the important pieces of the season. Welcoming friends and guests into your home or last minute grocery shopping. Once the evening quiets, or maybe in the morning before everything gears up, my smooth jazz piano Christmas tunes are an excellent companion.

“Ah, music,” he said, wiping his eyes. “A magic beyond all we do here.”
 J.K.Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

No comments: