Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2019

Traditional Seasons - CHRISTMAS: Theme for December 2019


Over past Christmas seasons, I’ve written muses, stories and essays, however I’ve never done an actual Christmas Theme. I was raised in the United Church of Canada and those wonderful traditions were and have been mainstays in my life. The traditional stories and parables, the music and carols of this season are welcome every year. (In December... Christmas music in the malls any earlier only speaks to me of marketing. We get marketed enough every day of every year. But that’s another topic.)

Christmas Theme for December 2019

Coming together…….
Hanukkah and Christmas…….
Reality is often……
Inspiration is caught up……
St. Nicholas, another tradition…..
Traditions are for……
Magic and music…… 
Arts and crafts……
Solstice in winter……..

“Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire.”
~ Gustav Mahler

No comments: