Pages

Monday, December 2, 2019

Unearthed

Coming together, in personal archaeology, bits and pieces of my heart and soul unearthed from ancient boxes and dusty corners are bound together by journaled writings, music and voice on old cassette tapes, 
early attempts in watercolour,
crocheted toques and scarfs, 
costume jewelry from gifts and previous homes, novels and non-fiction, story books and books about story, beautiful wall calendars with hopeful phrases, paper photographs glossy and shining ~ generations past and present.

Welcomed to my time travel is a precious new generation 
smiling and peeking at me from electronic desktops.
Bringing it all together, I see myself with new eyes
greeting retirement at Christmas with joy.

“Shh! Listen! Someone’s coming! I think - I think it might be us!”
~ J.K.Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

No comments: