Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2021

A Cat Tale ~ The Real Deal


Me: Get down from that cupboard! Just sitting there like you own the kitchen.

Jet:  “I’m sure you’ll get over it.

Or - we could make a deal.

I will not get on the cupboard or the table whenever you are in the room.”


Me:  “Or my little freezer.”


Jet:  “Why? I need that space.”


Me: “Too close to the cupboard, that has to be part of the deal.”


Jet:  “It’s closer to the back door. I'm still working on getting the lock open.” (She thinks I can really open that thing.)


Me:  (He’ll never be able to open that lock.)

“On second thought, I suppose I could - maybe - I could let that one go.”


Jet: (I knew she’d cave. Close to the door - close to the cupboard - that’s the real deal.)


“Never try to outstubborn a cat.”

~ Robert A. Heinlein, Time enough for Love

No comments: