Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2021

Old Echoes

I’ve always been hesitant 

about taking control 

when wrested from me by 

voices from the past

backed into the spinning corners of time 

~ time to complete something, 

~ time to turn the lights out, 

~ time to go to school, homework not done, 

~ time to stop colouring and set the table. 


Taking control of old echoes 

calms me. 


~~~~~


The Serenity Prayer says: ‘change the things you can’ 

~ doesn’t work for an ego maniac or 

someone just terrified that the results will be bad.


‘accept the things I cannot change’ 

needs a good deal of soul searching

with a liberal dose of humility - 

or should it read a soupçon of humility 

or a dusting of humility? 


then there is 

‘the wisdom to know the difference’ 

I am not one of the old souls 

with the wisdom of a thousand years, 

only the ability to acquire, to learn. 


deep breath ~ take control ~ 

hands on the wheel before the car 

~ that would be me ~

veers off the road. 


“My life didn’t please me, so I created my life.”

~ Coco Chanel

No comments: