Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2021

Depressurized

Progress without pressure is a tough one, but my own pressure is different


 ~ a backlog of should and shouldn't block my desires, my intentions to accomplish great or ordinary things logs made of should, huge and heavy, 


depending on whose words I caught and tossed 

in the river of words in my head, 

(some carry more weight than another). 


So:

Ignore the should’s - 

after all they’re not real logs. 

If they were my head would have exploded by now.


Make it a game with colours, shapes and music ~

just take it off the top to get it done

kind of like the old game Pick Up Sticks!

 

Banish the resistance: I am smart enough to do the tough stuff.

So there! 


Once order is set ~ the order that feels right to my heart

Pressure rearranged, game played ~ I can proceed.


Should is a futile word. It’s about what didn’t happen. 

It belongs in a parallel universe. 

It belongs in another dimension of space.”

~ Margaret Atwood, The Blind Assassin



 

No comments: