Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2021

Each Step

There are slow days ~

then there are slo-o-o-ow days


when even the air around me seems stifled and stagnant

despite winter barren trees bowing and waving to the sky


when even taking a breath is forgotten

despite the voluntary rhythm of breathing


then in the midst of this limbo

Diana Kraal’s smoky jazz moves me to stand and stir my own air.


to write, to clean, to restore order to

this day that seemed meaningless and chaotic


birthday calls released joy inside my soul

laughter echoed in my home.


intention lead me through each step

as a child takes a parents hand.



“Only as high as I read can I grow, 

Only as far as I seek can I go, 

Only as deep as I look can I see, 

Only as much as I dream can I be,.”

~ Karen Ravn, author

No comments: