Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Adventuring We Go

 


Heat turned down on summer,

wind in the trees, clouds in the sky

a peek from the sun warms the day 

and we’re off!


Lunch with a friend at Smitty’s and a trip to The Plant Ranch at 5909 13th Ave filled my afternoon.  With no intention to buy anything….at all……really……and yet a Black-eyed Susan found it’s way into my possession. I did need another pot so had to buy one! Stones in the bottom, potted with new soil and watered, my rather bent but healthy purchase was home. It did need support to stand straight. A search in my house revealed two pseudo cattails with long strong, straight stems! It pleases me to have my favourite bright flowers on my porch. 


“Some adventures require nothing more than a willing heart
and the ability to trip over the cracks in the world.”

~ Seanan McGuire, Down Among the Sticks and Bones










No comments: