Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2021

Only a Theory

Theoryif anything can go wrong, it will’

Murphy’s Law of uncertainty?

Cliché, truism or possibility? 


Universe has paid little 

attention to my plans ~

in a perverse sense of humour. 


I'll have to figure it out, 

make it fit with my plans 

or crash and burn. 


No individual on high

does such a disservice

just to test me?


A simple answer ~ 

every eventuality has been missed!


When my plans go awry, 

when things don’t go to plan, 

can I adjust? 


Stop. 

take a breath ~

where is the kink in my plan?


Will I just give up, 

crawl in a hole and 

leave the world behind?


Once upon a time that was the only option ~

and not a good one at that ~ but now

options and possibilities are a buffet. 


Whatever ‘went wrong’ ?

It's merely a stop sign, 

the golden hand held up at a cross walk. 


A pause before moving forward.  

My choice.


“All theories are legitimate, no matter. 

What matters is what you do with them.”

~ Jorge Luis Borges


 

No comments: