Pages

Friday, November 26, 2021

*To Celebrate This Good Life

Birthdays. I love them. Anyone’s birthday, but especially the real birth day of a child - a new family member. On this day, 74 years ago, my mother pushed me out into a world of which I knew nothing. Away from a warm cosy world that could have been busy, chaotic or quiet. For that very real labour of love and necessity, I am grateful to her and my father for this life. 


I celebrate more than just an added year in my own life. Thanks to my parents for my life and the life of all my siblings, my sons, my grandson and his growing and budding family. For without my mom and my dad, none of us would be here. 


“Gratitude bestows reverence….changing forever 

how we experience life and he world.”

~ John Milton


*Thanks to Shirley Grebinsky for these words.


 

No comments: