Pages

Friday, January 7, 2022

Just January?

Suspicions of nefarious activity seem to creep into my thoughts on a far too regular basis. Especially if I listen to radio or TV ‘breaking news’ too long or too often or, conversely, if I am alone with my own thoughts too long! Then I am like my cat ~ skittish and sure that there is a giant mouse around each and every corner. Sound paranoid? Some kind of psycho thing going on? Or is it just January and it’s really cabin fever creeping in. (Shhh….Covid weirding out?) Poor cat hasn’t been outside since late autumn. While I’ve been inside for only a paltry two days ~ and that’s bit of a fib. (Too chatteringly cold!) I did step outside to check the mail two days ago. I don’t have the luxury of curling up and sleeping ~ a sort of semi-hibernation ~ until it’s time for the food dispenser (that would be me) to be activated. 


“Lots of people go mad in January. Not as many as in May, of course. 

Nor June. But January is your third most common month for madness.”

~ Karen Joy Fowler, Sarah Canary



 

No comments: