Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Steady On - A Victoria Writers Group Exercise

The Funeral Procession
 Painting by Ellis Wilson

 
                 Steady On


Through the ages

They have come ~

Always moving steadily forward

Bearing and keeping their children close

Despite bonds of slavery that chained their ancestors.







“Lord, I’m going to hold steady on to You and You’ve got to see me through.”

~ Harriet Tubman



This poem was from a Victoria Writers Group Exercise: write from a choice of paintings. We were sent a selection of famous paintings by one of our members. The painting I chose was: The Funeral Procession by Ellis Wilson.


I had it scribbled down on a piece of paper I found the other day. No date. However it was a Zoom group, so I believe it was sometime in 2020


No comments: