Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

In Exchange

It was time. Time to stride out as a friend told me years ago. I had confined myself to the sound of rustling packing pager, the scratch and screech of packing tape ~ fitting things into boxes like pieces of a puzzle. But for everything there is a time. Familiar words set to music, a wisdom that shouldn’t be ignored.


It was a struggle. Getting my boots on, my jacket on, finding my key, locking the door. But then I felt the cool evening breeze ruffle my hair. As I approached the lake, gaggles of geese ~ brazen adults and skinny fuzzy teenagers ~ ranged across a lawn, foraging through the grass, drinking from puddles of rainwater by the curb. It was a fair exchange and a much needed one. 


“The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.”

~ Henry David Thoreau




No comments: