Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2022

Melted

After shopping for groceries this afternoon, I could have gone right home. It was 35 degrees Centigrade! I decided to be brave - or maybe foolish. But there was ice cream involved ~ just a block away. 

So, I stopped by Elle’s Cafe again today - a different flavour this time: a salted caramel sundae.

In the minutes that it took from the ice cream window to sitting on the bench only steps away, the ice cream was already pooling in and around the salted caramel syrup. But I soldiered on and finally drank up the last drop. There was no time to take a still photo ~ and I knew I'd better eat before it was too late! 


On my way home I chanced upon these lovely *petunias braving the heat and the tepid breeze. They became the stand-in photo for the melted ice cream.



*Authors correction: flowers are ‘petunias’. Original text stated ‘pansies’


“You can pour melted ice cream on regular ice cream. It’s like a sauce!”

~ Chris Pratt




 

No comments: