Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2022

Bookish

When  Christmas comes so do new books to read. It’s barely a month away and already I have three new books to read:

           

The Taste of Hunger by Alberta author, Barbara Joan Scott. The story of three generations of Ukrainian women on the Canadian prairies. Olena is the first of these women, beginning their journey in 1929. 


Just Right for Christmas by Birdie Black and Rosalind Beardshaw

A children’s tale of one roll of red cloth and how it made gifts just right for a princess, a kitchen maid’s ma and more than one little animal.


I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou

Her autobiography, a classic originally published in 1969, opens the door to her troubles beginning at age nine and how she found joy in her life. Many will know this book. 


Over this next month, I will be reading them all and writing a book review on each. I've already read Just Right for Christmas about ten minutes ago, so that many be the first that I review. Think I'll leave that for tomorrow night.


"Books may well be the only true magic."

~ Alice Hoffman



No comments: