Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2022

Shop and Run

The mall was packed with shoppers thronging into the mall all the old and young blocked my mission and destination; Santa photo shoots with kids, moms and dads, photographer, director; Christmas music barely heard above the noise.


I was not to be deterred!


Bundled with all things winter,

I dared to stop and regroup

Toque and mitts stashed in my cart

I navigated toward my treasures

for just a few more decorations 

so I followed my list ~ almost ~

then retraced my steps

past the milling crowds,

and Santa posed and posing

til I approached my welcome escape. 


Coat, toques and mitts back on

the noise and bustle of the mall behind me,

the frosty breath of bracing, cold air

revived me for the short bus ride home. 


“Xmas Trivia: Before it became a major shopping holiday, 

Christmas is believed to have had a “religious” meaning.” 

~ Andy Borowitz


 

No comments: