Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

It's Time ~ 2







It’s time. 

Time for words to fill the page ~ words that have meaning. 


only silence. 


Scribbles, looking for poetry, 

often find a whiff of inspiration

but only scribbles appear. 


air is sterile.


All these words on the page are details ~

details of ordinary life feeling uninspired. 

Today my life was ordinary. 


Not boring because it held the things important to me. 


Reaching out to a friend

Self care at home and in the community

Reading a couple chapters of a popular book


Resting late in the day because it was needed.


Walking against the cold wind was tiring. 

Lumpy, bumpy ice slowed my pace. 

And still there is nothing to write?  


“I tell my students there is such a thing as ‘writers block’, 

and they should respect it. It’s blocked because 

it ought to be blocked, because you haven’t got it right now.”

~ Toni Morrison


 

No comments: