Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Entering a new phase....

Over coffee this afternoon, discussion turned to my blog posts.

Oh, all right, I turned the discussion to my blog posts.
What do I write about today?
Only three more to go!

'Have you considered epilepsy and aging?'

I admitted that the thought had crossed my mind
but it had just passed on through.
(I haven't really wanted to discuss the 'A' word ~ 
it's getting a little bit too close to home!)

So I did some research.
It seems neurologists are saying that 
our body's ability 
to metabolize medications or 
our long term seizure control 
can alter as we age.

Well, duh!  I knew that ~ as a nurse I provided 
many people with that explanation.

So....I will maintain my routine
take medications regularly
faithfully continue yoga and exercise practice
maintain dental hygiene
minimize exposure to stressors
practice acceptance and detachment when things get a bit tense
make regular visits to my physician
maintain healthy sleep routines

“Silently one by one in the infinite meadows of heaven,
blossomed the lovely stars, the forget-me-nots of angels.”
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

1 comment:

Janet said...

What would we do without friends to help us see into those corners (like the A word) that we pass by because we might not want to look there? When a friend suggests it, it is no longer ourselves alone who is looking, but with that back up of real support.