Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

On my way....

Early morning.

Final gathering and tidying.
Doors closed on rooms to keep any escaped dust bunnies from roaming willfully throughout the house waiting patiently to pounce at my good friend when she comes to check the house.

Suitcases 
overpacked - I’m certain.
underpacked - I’m also certain.

I won’t know until later what it might be,
but my anticonvulsants were packed last night
with extras in my carry on luggage.

Writing, planned for the hours in the air, was
replaced by a lot of napping instead!
It was an orderly - and very full - flight.

Here I am behind the camera in
this oh so neat restaurant
that I had been in last year,
a delicious spinach/strawberry/candied walnut salad 
topped with shrimp and deep fried goat cheese waiting to be devoured.
Surprise! Memory saved  - and accessible -  for both restaurant and the menu item.

This restaurant, also a book store, provides a view of shelves of books:
story 
science fiction
business
mystery
inspiration
self-help/wellness
romance.

An airport restaurant,
tables away from concourse and 
beeping airport noises 
throngs of arriving and departing passengers.

The secret of a good memory is attention, and attention to 
a subject depends upon our interest in it. We rarely forget 
that which has made a deep impression on our minds.”
~ Tryon Edwards

No comments: